Important Information Regarding Hunting In New Mexico
State draw Hunts
For all draw hunts in NM your application must be submitted by march 23rd. We will gladly assist you with this process. Per state law we must have a signed contract in place before you submit your application. We will not issue our outfitter number to any client without a signed contract in place. To be eligible for the 10% state outfitter pool you will need an outfitter number. If you have any questions regarding this process or the state draw please call at anytime and we would be happy to explain the intricate details to you, as well as provide detailed instructions on applying for the draw.
ContraCTS AND DEPOSIT REQUIREMENTS
JH Outfitting requires all clients to have a signed contract before entering the state draw. A contract must also be signed at the time of booking any private land hunt. Hunt prices do not include state sales tax, nor do they include state issued license fees. No deposits are required for draw hunts at the time of application. Upon notification of successful draw a $1500.00 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required. This is to ensure guide commitment, and scouting availability. The remainder of the balance shall be due 45 days before the hunt date, or in cash at the hunt location, no checks will be accepted at this time. For private land hunts the deposit shall be the amount of the landowner authorization to hunt which shall only be refunded if a replacement hunter is found, at which time the deposit will be refunded, less any difference between the original price and selling the hunt as a cancellation hunt. All other above mentioned policies apply in the same fashion.
Important Dates and reminders
State license fees
Below are important dates and reminders, we update these as they become available.
Big Game draw hunts
Feb. 15-Deadline to submit all harvest reports
March 23-deadline to apply for all NM big game draw hunts
April 1-New license year begins
April 7-Deadline to submit harvest reports for Barbary sheep, Ibex, javelina, oryx, and trapping
April 27- Big Game draw Results available
FOR OVER THE COUNTER HUNTS
Bear and Lion Licenses must be purchased two days before hunting
For Landowner Authorizations the outfitter will provide instructions on purchasing your license before the hunt begins
- Game Hunting $65.00
- Elk License (S) $548
- Elk License (Q, HD) $773
- Deer License (S) $283
- Deer License (Q, HD) $ 368
- Barbary Sheep $373
- Bighorn Sheep $3173
- Oryx $1623
- Ibex $1623
- Lion $290
- Bear $260
- Turkey $100
- Habitat Stamp $5
- HMAV Stamp $4
JH outfitting rules and policies
- All hunters must possess a signed contract before applying for a draw hunt, or at time of purchase of a private land hunt
- All hunters are required to fill out a health and safety questionnaire, as well as waiver of liability
- All clients are expected to be courteous to one another in camps and respect each other, as well as their guides. If there is a issue we will gladly address it, however we expect everyone to be professional and respectful towards one another.
- JH Outfitting does have a wound policy in place in the contract. If an animal is wounded you must pursue that animal 24 hours after the last sign of blood, if at that point the animal is not found you may continue hunting. If a second animal is wounded the hunt will be concluded except to recover that animal.